Using the Modula Video Extension
How to install Modula Video?
To begin with, you have to log in to your account on wp-modula.com. After logging in, please access My Account > Purchase History.
To download the extension click on 'View Details and Downloads' and then click on 'modula-video' to get the zip file.
If you are using the browser Safari on a Mac, when you download the zip file it extracts the file from the archive directly to your computer (you might only see the file folder with the plugin's files in it, instead of the zip). If that is the case, then try and download the zip from your account using a different browser, or check your Trash, as the zip file should be there. To see how to prevent Safari from unzipping files please follow this tutorial.
To Install and activate the plugin, go to your WordPress dashboard and follow the next steps:
Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin > select the .zip file you downloaded from your account. After this, click on the 'Install Now' button wait for the file to load. Lastly, press the 'Activate' button.
If you need help uploading the extension to your WordPress site please follow this tutorial here. You will need to watch 'Method 2: Upload Plugin' timestamp 1:24.
Modula Video Settings
1. Autoplay Videos > This option starts the video instantly after it loads, without the need to click the play button to start the video. On iOS, Autoplay is supported only for self hosted videos. The videos will autoplay on mute. For more details check: video policies. Click here to see a demo.
- Use custom icon > By activating this option you can upload the icon you want for the start button of the video. Demo here.
- Play Icon Color > Change the color of the play icon. Click here to see a demo.
- Play Icon Size > With this option you can change the size of the icon in pixels. See a demo.
2. Display Play Icon > Shows the button to start the video. Click here to see a demo.
How to add a YouTube/Vimeo video URL
Once the Modula Video extension is installed and activated, head to your gallery edit page. Click the edit icon on the image onto which you want to insert a video. This could commonly be the thumbnail of the video or a screenshot of a part of the video.
Scroll down in the image settings and paste your video’s URL – either from an external service like YouTube or Vimeo, or a link to the file in your WordPress Media Library.
Step by step and screenshots below:
Go to Modula > Galleries > Select Gallery > edit an image (pencil icon on the image) > then paste the URL in its designated place.
Save by clicking the 'Update' button and you're done. You can now enjoy a video in your gallery.
How to add a self hosted video in the gallery
First of all, the video must be uploaded to the Media Library first. After doing this, you can add it to the gallery by following the steps below:
1. Select .mp4 video
2. Copy its link
3. And after that go to the Modula dashboard and insert the link into your image URL link.
Modula > Galleries > Select gallery > Click on image > Insert URL link.
Click here to see a demo gallery with self hosted videos.